Wednesday, February 4, 2009

E-Learning to Me.

My stance on e-learning is that it is beneficial to the growing number of technologically-savvy people around the world.Because E-Learning is networked, learners and teachers are able to consistently update, store,retrieve and distribute learning materials in a smooth fashion. E-learning in my opinion makes learning fun and very interactive as students are able to share their views and perspectives with people from various other countries and this, adds an element of fun and depth in their learning journey.
E-learning is also undeniably a cost-effective way to deliver instructions and information.Now,with only a simple click of a button, information can be disseminated in seconds to people living a hundred miles away via electronic mail. I also like the fact that E-learning is very flexible and can take place at our own convenient timing.I personally find this my favorite part about E-learning as being a rather nocturnal creature, I like reading materials and learning in the late evenings and because E-learning is 24/7, I can learn about anything and take my time to go through the thousands (and more) learning materials readily available on the internet.
The fact that you can build online communities also makes E-learning more appealing because by reinstating the group identity, people tend to feel more motivated and encouraged to keep learning , contribute and share ideas. The online community can thus operate like a family and people are more inclined to share their knowledge.
That said, I am looking forward to this journey of E-Learning and hoping that I'll learn many useful things..I mean you never know when your knowledge of things can come in really handy..though I have to admit attending 8am lectures is quite a challenge!My friends call me Dinosaur because I'm not exactly the most technologically-savvy person around but of course, aI am looking forward to learn and expand my knowledge on E-learning.So a Big Cheers to that!
=)

1 comment:

  1. So you've started blogging..that's good. remember that you need to blog assignment 2. And please do this before 28/2/09 by 2359H. Thx.

    ReplyDelete